Tuesday 15 March 2011

Cake Tuesday!

Help! I think I've become a victim of routine and some sort of mad kitsch phase (it took me four attempts to spell kitsch correctly then. Not an easy word).

It so happens that my work hours at the moment fall so that my days off are on Sundays and Mondays. For the past few weeks, I have taken to popping over to Bluewater Shopping Centre of a Sunday afternoon, more often than not to purchase something super-sexy from New Look and obviously to take advantage of the sneaky 3 for 2 deal on Soap and Glory products.

Since I've just touched on the subject of clothes, here's a quick note for my lady/pervert readers! This whole 1940's-esque cutesy ditsy kitsch look the shops have got going on right now is utterly darling and I keep spending my money on it. Please don't tell my bank account about the way all of its contents are being spent on flowery t-shirts and loveheart hairbands...
Get used to the word kitsch by the way. It's a bit prominent in this blog, and there's no alternative terms for it.
Interesting that it's currently fashionable, as by definition kitsch means "Excessively garish or sentimental art; usually considered in bad taste."

Hm.
None, the less, here is a nice redhead lady being "kitsch":
And here is all the things I hope to fill my very own kitsch kitchen with one day:

Anyway, I digress.

So I spend some dosh on Sunday getting pretty things with dots on to wear on myself with shoes, then spend the rest of the day writing and drinking my bodyweight in gorgeous tea (naturally from a polka dot mug). Then on Mondays I've started to bake cakes. And because I'm so nice, I take some cake round to my two best friends round the corner from my house (cakes don't last long around Dan and Dave), and I take some to work too.

I can't for the life of me think why I've slipped so easily into this routine. It's quite possibly because I'm not keen at being home by myself but have a profuse love for tottering around the kitchen in an apron and heels and licking chocolate off spoons. Oh. Might not be such a mystery after all. Behold my first attempt at Velvet Cupcakes with Cheescake Icing:


It has dawned on me, however, that to fund this yummy habit I need to be putting in some extra hours instead of spending my Cornwall trip savings. Oh well. It could be worse I 'spose,

No comments: